hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Elizabeth

I just watched the movie Elizabeth (1998).


I loved it, it was rather captivating and its one of those movies that makes you want to wiki about the history and what actually happened. Its also kind of funny because Wikipedia lists Robert Dudley as Elizabeth's 'favourite', but that sounds pretty weird, childish even.


I did love the sets of the movie, the way it was shot and the dresses. And the men look so funny in their pantaloons! Especially when they are trying to look tough or be tough, but they look like this: (I tried to look for a better shot that was in the movie but this will do)


I did love the way to story was told and progressed, I was a bit puzzled though about Geoffrey Rush's character because they never really explained his character or his back story except that he was implemented to protect the queen. Also, I didn't get the shaving of her hair at the end, especially because the next shot she has hair.

But yes, loved the movie, that has a good story which captivates til the end.

Rating: 8/10. Cate Blanchett is amazing.


No comments: