hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dorian Gray


I just watched the movie Dorian Gray (2009), based on Oscar Wilde's 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'. I have always been meaning to read this book. I have started it once but have never gotten around to finishing it. It just sits on my shelf as we speak.

But here's what I thought of the movie.

I know that the movie got really low ratings but I didn't think it was that terrible. The movie started off really well actually, I thought it was quite captivating at first and illustrated the slow corruption of Dorian Gray, the change in person from his innocence to a corrupted self. I thought they showed this well, however perhaps the change in person happened a little bit too suddenly, but oh well I guess its because it was a movie. Also, Ben Barnes as Dorian Gray is very very good looking. And so I thought the movie had so much potential but the second half of the movie just didn't work. It just became a little bit ridiculous and overdramatic, especially the ending. At least I did finish it though, unlike Perfume. So there's a plus. 


Rating: I think I give it a 6.5/10 because the second half of the film and the ending, if it were just the first half or the movie continued with a tone similar to the first half I'd give it a 7.5

No comments: