hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Sunday, May 23, 2010

language barrier #137


so yesterday at work
there was this old lady who came in
and she was chinese
but she spoke another dialect that i don't speak
so here's me
trying to speak to her in broken mandarin
(if you have heard me speak, i really do suck. but i can sort of understand)
trying to figure out what she wanted
and i kept saying that i didn't understand what she said
but she kept going and going
even though she knew i didn't understand
it took me nearly an hour to finally fix everything up for her
and i was so frustrated.
sigh.
at least we figured it out at the end.
yeah,

also, i dislike when i get customers who speak mandarin
cos i'm not that good at it
especially if they ask me about things like fish oil tabs or something
but i'm ok, if they're just getting repeats
and the customer usually doesn't even really know i have shit mandarin.

there's also this old man that makes fun of my cantonese and mandarin
and he calls me 'heart'
cos thats what my chinese name sort of is
but i find him funny.
:)
he's seen jacky before
and he keeps telling me that jacky should be a boxer,
cos he's so big.
lol.

No comments: