hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Saturday, March 27, 2010

awkward family gatherings #86

sorry i've been delayed with post these past few days
been coming home late

so tonight, i went to my uncles house
after work
meaning i got there at 7.30m
for some family gathering business
you know the one
well
cos my aunty just came from hong kong
to visit
and stuff
and i hadn't seen her for 5 years
so that would've been
when i was 15 or 14
and yes
so when she saw me she was like
"Oh, you're so pretty now"
la la la
and she kept wanting to take photos of me
as in while i was eating alone by myself on the table.
it was awkward.
and brushing my hair back
cos she says she likes it like that.
it was kinda odd to me.
my other aunties and my mum found it funny.
though i do like that aunty
she used to buy me barbies from hong kong and stuff
:)

it just was a bit odd
i don't know
but she kept saying how pretty i looked
you know in an 'aunty' sort of way
meaning
i find that they discuss things about you
'as-if-you're-not-there, but-you're-right-there' way.
as in "oh, she's so pretty now. she looks like her dad though, (insert my mum's name in canto). oh yeah she's so pretty."
yes.
they do that.
a lot.

anyhow.

bye
:)

3 comments:

Emmaaa. said...

I DISAGREE WITH THE PRETTY COMMENTS.
SHE COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG.
URGHHH OUTRAGE!!

Emmaaa. said...

of course you know I kid.

als said...

:(

that cut me deep, emma.

LOL