hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Monday, June 18, 2012

An Education


After just watching it, here's what I thought of it.

I liked it, it wasn't fantastic but it was ok. I was a well executed story, but I found myself wanting it to end sooner than it did.

Carey Mulligan was great as a 16-year-old school girl dreaming of the future where she can enjoy music, fine food, culture and arts, as opposed to her studying. She was definitely believable as a girl who thought she knew more than she really did, and was just in fact a naive little girl. It did kind of remind me of what I was like when I was that age.

Peter Sarsgaard as David was great as well. The fact that he absolutely creeped me out even right from the beginning meant he did do a good job as a 30-something con man that tries to seduce a 16 year old girl. But the sheer fact, that I found him so creepy meant that I did find myself waiting for the movie to end sooner than it did. Half way through the movie I found myself checking how long there was left and how long I had to endure a creepy old guy seducing a little girl. The scene that creeped me the most was the one when she tells him she doesn't want to sleep with anyone until she is 17, and he was like ok but we can do romantic stuff right? And then asks to see her breasts. Eeek, creepy!

Honorable mentions: I really liked the ending about how she told her new BOYfriend that she would love to go to Paris, as if she had never been before, that was cute!

Rating:  7.5/10
It previously was a 7, but an extra 0.5 because of Carey Mulligan's performance.

No comments: