hi! i'm als & this is my blog.

i write about random things.
these days i write pretty sporatically.
sometimes i completely rave about something, like a tv show but sometimes i write pretty serious things.
i write in short phrases, i like the freedom of not having to write in proper punctuation and grammar.
i'm a christian. i also ♥ music, art, photography, movies, tv & books.

hope you enjoy ♥

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKY :)






















My favourite song right now, Bowl of Oranges - Bright Eyes.
Dedicated to the birthday boy :)
I love this song, it makes me want to cry when I hear it because it's so sweet & cute.
The clip isn't that great though, its just ok.



The rain it started tapping
on the window near my bed,
there was a loophole in my dreaming,
so I got out of it.
And to my surprise my eyes were wide
and already open,
just my nightstand and my dresser
where those nightmares had just been.
So I dressed myself and left them,
out into the gray streets
but everything seemed different
and completely new to me.
The sky, the trees, houses, buildings,
even my own body,
and each person I encountered,
I couldn't wait to meet.

And I came upon a doctor
who appeared in quite poor health.
I said "There's nothing that I can do for you, you can't do for yourself."
He said "Oh yes you can, just hold my hand. I think that would help."
So I sat with him a while and then I asked him how he felt.
He said, "I think I'm cured.
No, in fact, I'm sure of it.
Thank you Stranger,
for your therapeutic smile."

So that is how I learned the lesson
that everyone's alone,
and your eyes must do some raining
if you're ever gonna grow.
But when crying don't help, you can't compose yourself,
it's best to compose a poem.
A honest verse of longing
or simple song of hope.

That's why I'm singing, baby don't worry,
cause now I got your back.
And every time you feel like crying,
I'm gonna try and make you laugh.
And if I can't, if it just hurts too bad,
then we will wait for it to pass
and I will keep you company
through those days so long and black.


And we'll keep working on the problem
we know we'll never solve
Of Love's uneven remainders,
our lives are fractions of a whole.
But if the world could remain within a frame
like a painting on a wall
Then I think we'd see the beauty then,
we'd stand staring in awe

At our still lives posed
like a bowl of oranges,
like a story told
by the fault lines and the soil.


ily jacky :)

No comments: